TifTuf Bermuda - Tough and Beautiful Bermudagrass
Stingy With Water, Sunlight, and Your Budget.
Long dry summers can be brutal on turf—and even more so on your water bill. TifTuf™ Bermudagrass was developed with this challenge in mind. This fine-textured, green leaf beauty uses 38% less water than similar grass cultivars… and still looks great. And just as important, TifTuf Bermudagrass has a high shade tolerance. When cooler autumn temperatures arrive, it stays greener further into the season. It all makes you wonder: how can something so tough and resilient be so gorgeous?
Water Savings Calculator
See how much more water you could save with TifTuf compared with other grass varieties and how many pallets you will need for your landscaping project.
Find out how to calculate the square footage of your lawn
Key Benefits of TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass
TifTuf is a hearty and beautiful Bermudagrass, perfect for areas requiring the most drought tolerance grass. Please see the map for further detail.
- Best drought tolerant grass.
- Excellent late season color retention and early spring green-up.
- Superior color and density.
- High resistance to traffic.
- Fast recovery from wear/tear or drought.
- TifTuf will pay for itself in reduced water bills.
- Can be installed anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions About TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass
How much water does my TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass lawn need?
How often and how much should I fertilize TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass?
What height is best for mowing TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass?
Take a Moment to Browse Through the TifTuf Bermuda Image Gallery
- Exceptional shade and drought tolerance.
- Fine leaf texture.
- High turf density.
- Aggressive growth.
- Superior fall color.
Improved Plant Vigor
- Retains more moisture.
- Has a 90% survivability rate in temperatures as low as -6F.
- Retains 95% more green leaf tissue in drought stress compared to Tifway.
- After 19 drought stress trials, TifTuf was designated as the research standard by which all drought tolerance will be determined.
- Mow at 0.5-2 inches of height.
- Can be mowed with a reel or rotary mower.
- Requires little irrigation once roots have been established.
- Apply weed control or weed-and-feed combinations that are specifically labeled for Bermuda grass.
- Pre-emergent herbicide application is recommended in the spring and fall.
Certified Purity & Uniformity
- TifTuf is licensed exclusively to The Turfgrass Group, Inc. and its sub-licensees.
- TifTuf is available only through a select group of licensed certified producers.
- TifTuf is grown & sold under a rigorous set of rules & guidelines designed to promote on-going quality, purity, and uniformity.
- Certification is the only method of assuring the consumer is receiving the variety they purchased.
- TifTuf can only be produced and sold as a Certified turfgrass variety, unlike many other varieties.
- Certification agencies in each state inspect all TifTuf production fields regularly, protecting the interests of the consumer by providing a third-party system of quality control.
Homeowner Tips and How To's Blog
As your lawn prepares for winter, now is your chance for one of the most important parts of your fall…Read More...