TifTuf Bermuda - Tough and Beautiful Bermudagrass
Stingy With Water, Sunlight, and Your Budget.
Long dry summers can be brutal on turf—and even more so on your water bill. TifTuf™ Bermudagrass was developed with this challenge in mind. This fine-textured, green leaf beauty uses 38% less water than similar grass cultivars… and still looks great. And just as important, TifTuf Bermudagrass has a high shade tolerance. When cooler autumn temperatures arrive, it stays greener further into the season. It all makes you wonder: how can something so tough and resilient be so gorgeous?
Key Benefits of TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass
TifTuf is a hearty and beautiful Bermudagrass, perfect for areas requiring the most drought tolerance grass. Please see the map for further detail.
- Best drought tolerant grass.
- Excellent late season color retention and early spring green-up.
- Superior color and density.
- High resistance to traffic.
- Fast recovery from wear/tear or drought.
- TifTuf will pay for itself in reduced water bills.
- Can be installed anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions About TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass
How much water does my TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass lawn need?
How often and how much should I fertilize TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass?
What height is best for mowing TifTuf Certified Bermudagrass?
Take a Moment to Browse Through the TifTuf Bermuda Image Gallery
- Exceptional shade and drought tolerance.
- Fine leaf texture.
- High turf density.
- Aggressive growth.
- Superior fall color.
Improved Plant Vigor
- Retains more moisture.
- Has a 90% survivability rate in temperatures as low as -6F.
- Retains 95% more green leaf tissue in drought stress compared to Tifway.
- After 19 drought stress trials, TifTuf was designated as the research standard by which all drought tolerance will be determined.
- Mow at 0.5-2 inches of height.
- Can be mowed with a reel or rotary mower.
- Requires little irrigation once roots have been established.
- Apply weed control or weed-and-feed combinations that are specifically labeled for Bermuda grass.
- Pre-emergent herbicide application is recommended in the spring and fall.
Certified Purity & Uniformity
- TifTuf is licensed exclusively to The Turfgrass Group, Inc. and its sub-licensees.
- TifTuf is available only through a select group of licensed certified producers.
- TifTuf is grown & sold under a rigorous set of rules & guidelines designed to promote on-going quality, purity, and uniformity.
- Certification is the only method of assuring the consumer is receiving the variety they purchased.
- TifTuf can only be produced and sold as a Certified turfgrass variety, unlike many other varieties.
- Certification agencies in each state inspect all TifTuf production fields regularly, protecting the interests of the consumer by providing a third-party system of quality control.
Homeowner Tips and How To's Blog
Everyone knows about the aesthetic qualities of having a healthy lawn: your home becomes more attractive and your increase curb…Read More...